Before taking off to Zanzibar, there are certain things you need to have done and have ready to be granted access to the country.
Below we provide you with an easy checklist you can reference to make sure you meet all the entry requirements.
Also, remember to bring along a form of entertainment, such as a good book or digital content downloaded onto a device, to keep you entertained during your flight.
Zanzibar Entry Requirements Checklist
- Regardless of vaccination status, travellers do not need to present a negative PCR test before flying to Zanzibar, but a COVID-19 test may be required upon arrival in Zanzibar
- It is recommended to have health insurance and a vaccination card
- All travellers must undergo thermal and physical screening on arrival in Zanzibar - symptomatic travellers must quarantine upon arrival
- Masks are recommended in public.
Documentation Requirements For Flights To Zanzibar
- All travellers must complete the Mandatory health surveillance form for Zanzibar - which you can access here
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry and has at least 1 blank page for stamps. Non-South African citizens will also require a visa.
- Infants and children under 18 years of age require both a passport and an unabridged birth certificate for travel. Additionally, a letter of consent (Affidavit) is required when an infant or child is travelling with one (1) single parent.