Before taking off to Mauritius, there are certain things you need to have done, and have ready, in order to be granted access to the country.
Below we provide you with an easy checklist you can reference to make sure you meet all the entry requirements.
Also remember, bring along a form of entertainment such as a good book or digital content downloaded onto a device, to keep you entertained during your flight.
Mauritius Entry Requirements Checklist
- As of the 1st of July 2022, regardless of vaccination status, travellers do not need to present a negative PCR test before flying to Mauritius
- It is recommended to have health insurance and a vaccination card
- Wearing masks during the flight is mandatory for entry into Mauritius
- Any person having tested Covid-19 positive within 7 days of departure shall not be allowed to board a flight to Mauritius
- Wearing masks is not mandatory in Mauritius, with the exception of at the airport and other ports of entry, public transport, hospitals and clinics.
Documentation Requirements For Flights To Mauritius
- It is recommended for all passengers flying to Mauritius to complete the Mauritius All-in-One Travel Digital Form
- It is also recommended to get Health Insurance that covers Covid-19 treatment.
- A passport that is valid for the period of intended stay and has 2 blank pages. Non-South African citizens will also require a visa.
- Infants and children under 18 years of age require both a passport and an unabridged birth certificate for travel, additionally, a letter of consent (Affidavit) is required when an infant or child is travelling with one (1) single parent.
- Valid return flight tickets.
- Confirmed accommodation booking.